Established in 1983, Pharmacon Co. provides Consultant Pharmacist services to Health Care facilities. We primarily serve the five boroughs of New York City and surrounding counties in the lower Hudson Valley region and Long Island.
Pharmacon is proud of its patient-focused approach that holds the interest of the patient above all others. Our mission is to ensure that our patients’ medications are the most appropriate, the safest possible, the most effective, and are used correctly. We seek to identify, resolve, and prevent medication-related problems by working closely with facilities and creating individualized approaches to the needs of each facility.
Pharmacon provides the following services
- Medication Regimen Reviews in compliance with Federal and State regulations
- Nursing Station Inspections to ensure proper storage and dating of medications
- Medication Pass Observations and training to ensure proper administration of all medication forms
- Provision of In-service Education to Clinical Staff
- Recommendations for cost effective quality medication selection
- Disposition of Unused Controlled Drugs in accordance with regulations
- State Survey preparation
We provide Consultant Pharmacist services to the following types of facilities:
- Long-term Skilled Nursing and Short-term Rehabilitation
- Adult Day Health Care Programs
- Assisted Living Facilities
- OMRDD Residential Facilities and Adult Homes